You are here
Home > About Us

Radio Heatwave broadcasts live from Ngee Ann Polytechnic via intranet at www.radioheatwave.com .

It’s run by final-year Mass Communication students from the School of Film & Media Studies and is comprised of student jocks from around the different schools at NP.

Radio Heatwave plays mostly local music from Singapore. We go by the 60% music rotation of local music, and the other 40% are what’s hot in the charts right now that our students can’t live without.

But what’s our format? You can call us indie but we run it like a pop station, like MediaCorp’s 987 FM. Pretty much, an alternative programming style that’s all our own.

Despite being a “student-run” campus radio station, we operate just like the other commercial radio stations here in Singapore in that we liaise with real clients, hold in-studio interviews with local and international celebrities, attend various press conferences and movie previews, cover music festivals and concerts and plenty upon plenty of other media events.

Radio Heatwave also takes its mobile OBS (outdoor broadcast system) around the campus and even outside (like at *SCAPE Invasion, December 2015 ) .

Over the last 24 years, Radio Heatwave has kick-started the radio careers of some of today’s most popular radio personalities such as Jean Danker, Justin Ang, Vernetta Lopez, Gerald Koh, Joshua Simon, and Michael Tan to name just a few.
Our aim is for the students – to develop their practical radio skills so that when they graduate they’re ready for a passion-driven career in radio.

You can be sure that there’ll never be a dull moment with Radio Heatwave, the hottest thing on campus.

//

✉ General Enquiries: Travis Ling
travisling.radioheatwave@gmail.com

✉ On-Air Programming/Music Enquiries: Ameer Ibrahim
ammzey.radioheatwave@gmail.com

✉ Promotional Enquiries: Prashain
prashain.radioheatwave@gmail.com

Office Telephone: 64608582
Conty Telephone: 64608290

Address:
Blk 53 #01-01
m:idea, School of Film & Media Studies
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
535 Clementi Road
Singapore 599489

Top